Million and One Magazine and Fuckin’ Prompts have come together to offer a short story contest for those who dig the vibe Fuckin’ Prompts is putting down. And as a prize, we’re offering the winner their very own copy of F’n Prompts: Writing Prompts with Some F’n Balls (now available on Amazon, just saying) to keep and cherish for the rest of their life.
The rules are simple:
– Use the writing prompt below in some way (it’s meant as an opening line, but be creative if you must). Any kind of written work is acceptable, but just know the prompter prefers fiction.
– Try to keep the length under 3,000 words. If you go a little over, fine, but if it’s way over it better be the best goddamn story we’ve ever fuckin’ read.
– Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “F’n Submission” as the subject no later than February 22nd, 2019.
– Please make sure all entries are completely polished to the best of your abilities.
– The winning story and possibly some runners up will be posted on the Million and One site for all the world to see.
– Winner must be willing to share their mailing address in order to receive their prize; one free copy of F’n Prompts by Matt Starr (now available on Amazon, just putting that out there).
– Winner will be announced March 1, 2019 barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Okay, now that the rules are out of the way, here’s the prompt:
As he stepped off the bus he paused and gave me a look. And, without a single word uttered, I understood his full meaning: “This is where you get off.”
So there you have it. If you have any questions, please hit us up on Twitter at either @FuckinPrompts or @millandonemag.
Happy writing, and good luck!